Saturday, March 13, 2021

I am an immigrant 👨🏻👉🛂. Sometimes, I try to imagine how horrible should feel to be prosecuted, by the simple fact that you have a different origin 🌏, a different skin color 🧑or a different religion🙏.

I am an immigrant 👨🏻👉🛂. Sometimes, I try to imagine how horrible should feel to be prosecuted, by the simple fact that you have a different origin 🌏, a different skin color 🧑or a different religion🙏.

A few days ago, I learned about the story of the children 👶🏾👧🏻👦 of the “Vel d’hiv”🚲❄️. Most of them from immigrant parents 👪➡️🛂. 

They were condemned and separated from their family, just because they professed a particular religion🙏. Most of them never came back home 👧🏻🚫➡️🏡. 

I could not help but to feel sad 😔. As an immigrant, I felt empathy for their stories.

I wanted to visit this place📍 to pay homage to their memory, because we might forgive but we should not forget. 

We, as specie, should not forget the darkest pages of our history 📜 to avoid reproducing the same horror again.

👨‍💻 Geek by nature, 🇬🇹 Guatemalan by birth, 🌎 citizen by choice.

#NiDeAquíNiDeAllá #Immigrant #Migrant 

No comments: